As a school consultant, Dr. Steiner-Adair helps schools pre-K thru 12th grade strengthen their school culture and core curriculum through new programs and initiatives to support all the elements of wellbeing, and how to best take advantage of technology at school and home..
She works with school heads, boards, faculty, students, and parents, providing consultations that range from evening talks during the course of one- to three-day visits, and extending in some instances to relationships that last several years.
When visiting a school, Dr. Steiner-Adair often meets with children in all divisions, faculty, leadership teams and parents on diverse topics. These include how to maximize the wonders of tech while minimizing the psychological, neurological and social fallout, strengthening students’ psychological resistance and reducing psychological risk, and helping children make healthy, socially responsible and ethical choices as they prepare to be leaders.
Dr. Steiner-Adair also works with a small number of schools as an ongoing external consulting psychologist. These relationships typically involve helping a school with culture, curriculum and program development.
- helping schools transition to Covid requirements of hybrid/distance learning, strengthening SEL, and using tech to build school spirit and culture.
- providing psychological support to faculty and counselors during the pandemic and political upheaval.
- Ongoing consultant to School Head and Leadership team on team dynamics, faculty development and initiatives
- helping a school evaluate and revision their Counseling Department;
- helping a school develop an integrated approach to Counseling and Student Support Services, SEL, Health, DEI and Advisory;
- helping a 3 Division School develop a new school-wide initiative and a new core curriculum that provides an integrated approach to Health and Wellbeing, DEI, SEL, Ethics and Leadership Education, Advisory, Human Development and Sexuality, Digital Health and Citizenship.
- helping schools conduct a tech assessment to evaluate current practices and improve their use of technology in the classrooms, campus, and community.
Dr. Steiner-Adair has worked with thousands of student’s educators, parents, counselors, leadership teams and health professionals at schools and conferences throughout North America, Europe, Central and South America, Asia, and the Middle East.
Over the past several years, Dr. Steiner-Adair has served as a consultant to school communities in times of crisis including analyzing evidence of past or present ethical violations and advising leadership teams and boards of trustees on proper conduct with students, faculty and alumni.