Workshops & Trainings
When visiting a school Dr. Steiner-Adair enjoys meeting with the leadership team, students in different divisions, faculty and parents. In advance of visiting a school, Dr. Steiner-Adair always works with the leadership team to ensure that her time at a school is designed to best help each unique school community.
Dr. Steiner-Adair speaks on a wide range of topics, including child development and parenting, health and wellbeing, psychological risk and resilience, social and emotional intelligence and leadership education, gender equity, media literacy, healthy relationships on and offline and best practices for technology at school and home. She enjoys working with children in all divisions, from preschool through high school, their teachers and parents. (Please see Talks and Presentation page for the range of topics covered.)
Dr Steiner-Adair has been invited to present at professional development and continuing education conferences throughout the United States, and in Europe, South America, Central America, the Middle East and Asia. Her audiences include educators and mental health professionals, non-profit organizations, industry and corporations, PTAs, YPOs and other leadership organizations, synagogues and clergy groups, camping and youth organizations, retreats and think tanks, and at organizational fundraising events.
Examples of her work include:
- An all faculty (prek-12) professional development day for the Wellesley Public Schools on the cognitive, social and psychological impact of tech on all stages of development and approaches to differentiated use.
- A 3-day training on best practices with technology for The American Montessori Heads Retreat
- A 3-day conference at Graded, the American School of Sao Paola, Brazil, on a range of topics related to SEL, Tech, child development, parenting, and the college process, (for parents and educators)
- Two days of talks at EARCOS on technology challenges in lower middle and upper school, girl’s development and educating girls to lead
- A full day retreat for YPO NorCal for C-level leaders and their spouses that included conversation, exercises, research and opportunities for reflection around the impact of technology in our lives as leaders, spouses, in our family life and in company culture
- Evening events for Planned Parenthood, Facing History and Ourselves, The Child Mind Institute, and other educational and non-profit organizations.